Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and manages the CEOs schedules
- Arrange travel logistics
- Provide quality and timely administrative support to CEO.
- Maintain and coordinate an effective calendar and filing system, ensuring the CEO’s competing demands are effectively managed
- Proactively manage correspondence, both emails and letters received. This includes preparation of responses and briefing notes as required, keeping the CEO updated.
- Maintain and report on a current log of correspondence and commitments and chase up items approaching the due date.
- Produce quality documents and manage the CEO’s record keeping of received and distributed correspondence
- Co-ordinate relevant staff responses and/or input into projects, programs, reports, correspondence, and corporate issues
- Support the CEO by proactively responding to enquiries from other staff members with a high level of discretion, maturity, diplomacy, and judgment ensuring exceptional customer experience
- Maintain a high level of awareness of matters coming into and out of the CEO’s office to effectively respond to enquiries and exercise sound judgement on the manner of response
- Support the CEO in the preparation, review and approval of Council and Committee Reports, including monitoring the implementation of Council/Committee decisions
- Prepare agendas and minutes of various internal and external meetings convened or attended by the CEO (or other agreed meetings). Follow up matters arising at such meetings on behalf of the CEO.
- Assist the CEO with the delivery of work area plans/budgets within delegations, following Council’s policies and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of four (4) years post-Bachelor’s relevant work experience in a reputable organization