The People Team is critical to the success of our company. As a People Partner, you will be hyper-focused on supporting the business and ensuring that all Teammates are set up for success, have great management, and love their job.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Form strong relationships with leadership in the engineering department, and your cross functional partners.
- Be a thought-sharing and coaching partner to our managers, guiding them on their strategies for retaining and leveraging the talent on their teams: how to make sure their onboarding and training initiatives are effective, how to structure the team and develop career frameworks, how to assess the level of impact of each person on the team and ensure they are compensated at the right level, how to ensure their people are creating balance, taking rest and applying agency over their work, how best to enforce a high performance team and address underperformance, up and to separations, and all the little bits of guidance in between.
- Develop equally strong and trusting relationships with teammates.
- Challenging managers on their thinking, and guiding them on difficult conversations when it’s appropriate to do so.
- Acting as an advocate and guardian of our culture and guiding teammates and managers to apply our values in their daily decisions.
- Assist with learning & development opportunities to ensure our teammates continue to grow and evolve.
- Lead calibration sessions related to performance reviews and assist with corresponding compensation increase recommendations.
- Collaborating with our cross-functional People team to develop, enhance and launch people-facing initiatives that meet the needs of our teams and help us retain and grow the best people.
- Identifying - and acting on - trends and opportunities that point to better ways of doing things as we scale
Within one month, you will…
- Complete the onboarding process and give us feedback on how we can make it even better.
- Build relationships with each member of the People & Talent Team and understand how the team supports the company and works together.
- Begin learning how to code (we want a company where everyone can code!) and make updates to the Handbook.
- Have regular 1:1s with the leaders you support, understand the state of their org, what is working / not working, and where they need support.
- Begin meetings with individual contributors in the department you support. We want our People Partners embedded in the org and have trusting relationships with all Teammates.
Within three months, you will...
- Have opinions! You will have identified areas that need improvement within our team and company, and we want to hear what needs to be fixed, and how you think we should fix them.
- Autonomously help managers with day-to-day guidance and coaching on their people strategies and initiatives, as well as providing effective coaching and HR support around challenging situations and people dynamics
- Understand the People Team’s projects as a whole and find a way to support - we are a small team and expect our People Partner’s to jump in on project work, too!
- Help us understand what we can do better and help develop a roadmap to make that happen.
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of people practices and make data-driven decisions
Within six months, you will...
- Be a trusted advisor to your teams, informing their people strategies and connecting this to team initiatives with ease and flow, helping the People team offer an exceptional service to the business.
- Be leading our in-house manager training and liaising with our L&D function to help ensure that our opportunities touch the right things.
- You are a seasoned HR People Partner with 6+ years’ experience in a people-partnering role within a fast-paced, high-change environment like Tech.
- You have opinions, you are super direct, and you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You thrive in situations where you “build the plane while flying it.”
- You have in-depth knowledge of US employment law and know how to apply your expertise.
- You’re skilled at building trust with experienced and first-time managers, and you know how to help them make sense of the opportunities and challenges of management.
- You are available to help our US-based managers in their timezones, have a strong track record of interpreting and applying the appropriate sections of applicable US laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies, to people situations as appropriate.
- Managers and teammates seek your day-to-day advice, and your strategic input and guidance on bigger initiatives relating to their people.
- You balance objectivity with empathy, and logic with creativity, to help us find the right solution for everyone involved.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, can help others navigate ambiguity and always approach challenges mindful of the impact on our company culture, values and teammate morale.
- You are willing to help with day-to-day tasks as we scale and figure out what the future looks like. You communicate with warmth and influence, and are comfortable practicing HR in an asynchronous environment where meetings are used only if necessary and written documentation is default.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.