A Reputable Company
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional to join us as HR Officer. This is the perfect role for someone willing to broaden and challenge their expertise in HR management in the context of the growing apparel industry in Ghana. The HR Officer will work closely with the other HR Officer and report to the General Manager (People and Operations) based in Koforidua. They will contribute to workers’ development and a high retention rate of a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Recruitment and onboarding
- In collaboration with the General Manager (People and Operations) follow a recruitment plan for operators based on the production needs of the business
- Advertise job descriptions to attract candidates in line with workforce recruitment needs, keeping an active pipeline database updated at all times
- Conduct first interviews assessing candidates’ aptitude for specific job descriptions
- Recommend candidates for job best fit and communicate recruitment results to candidates
- Clearly communicate expectations of each role in terms of performance, efficiency and behaviors
- With the support of the General Manager (People and Operations) conduct new employee induction procedures, including completing all required paperwork and reviewing Maagrace policies and Code of Conduct
Employee communication and needs assessment
- Play a leadership role in establishing a positive, dynamic, and results-oriented culture at Maagrace
- Maintain open and constructive communication with all workers
- Continuously assess workers’ wellbeing and grievance via rigorous internal mechanisms and address their feedback in a timely manner in line with executive decisions
Employee training, wellbeing and empowerment
- Assess training needs and work with the Senior Operations Manager and the Senior Production Manager to plan and implement trainings, including soft skill trainings
- With the support of the Compliance team, design and conduct training sessions on health and safety and workers’ rights including anti-harassment, abuse and discrimination etc.
- With external trainers, support the implementation of empowerment programs for workers such as health education and leadership trainings
Compensation and benefits administration
- Support the Senior Operations Manager to administer compensation and benefits to all workers with rigorous tracking and in a timely manner
- Prepare employees’ payslips and make sure they understand it fully.
Employment and compliance
- Update and implement Maagrace policies in line with the local law and international requirements
- Ensure systematic enforcement of policies at all times and conduct refresher trainings based on observations
- Escalate any issue identified in enforcement to the General Manager (People and Operations) and discuss solutions
- Support the Workers Committee in workers needs assessment, discussions, meetings and communication and foster ongoing Social Dialogue
- Support the General Manager (People and Operations) in complying with Freezone and immigration requirements by completing on time paperwork and updating the internal tracking system
Qualifications & Attributes
- Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in Human Resources management ideally in a factory/ industrial context
- In-depth knowledge of Ghana labor law and HR best practices
- People oriented and results driven with a strong interest in training
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics and HR systems
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Willingness to live and work in Koforidua
- Evidence of the following characteristics: humble, self-aware, resilient, adaptable, poised, proactive, persistent, resourceful, able to work under pressure and respect deadlines, strong at building relationships and resolving problems, a team player who is fun to work with, and full of integrity
Please send a resume and a specific cover letter for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MGIL HR Off 2023”
Only completed applications with accurate reference will be considered and only the most qualified candidates shortlisted for interview
We are an equal opportunity employer, both women and men are highly encouraged to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.