- Monitors and coordinates the photography, artwork, layout and preparation of the copy for publication.
- Reviews copy submitted by authors, staff or faculty members.
- Writes materials with the main emphasis on eliminating ambiguity and submits to author for reviews.
- Ensures publication and production of a variety of materials including on-line publishing, from on-campus services.
- Edits material for accuracy, style and readability, recommending changes where necessary.
- Writes articles and work in conjunction with other writers, assigns stories, and prepares news and general feature articles for publication.
- Reads, proofs and/or supervises the proofreading of materials.
- Maintains own budget and is accountable for expenditures.
- Develops and maintains new outlets for publication(s), such as updating, revising or creating mailing lists.
- Solicits bids and maintains a working relationship with outside vendors.
- Oversees distribution of publication.
- May develop and produce web-based materials.
- Minimum of a Diploma in English or any relevant field
- Must have a strong command over the English Language
- Have a knack for paying great attention to detail and errors
- Minimum of 2 years working experience as a publisher or similar role.