- Own, formulate and implement company's Marketing strategies in Ghana
- Formulate and implement creative marketing campaigns to suit target markets for ATL, the internet, and BTL.
- Analyze the needs of sales channels and provide appropriate support via branding and marketing collateral.
- Supports organization strategy by developing aligned short-term and long-term marketing campaigns that will enhance the brand of the organization and grow the subscriber base and brand loyalty.
- Determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns (i.e. pre-and post-marketing testing).
- Oversee market research and monitor competitor activity to identify opportunities and trends within existing and new market segments.
- Liaise and manage the relationship with external advertising, media agencies, and distributors.
- Prepare the marketing budget to cover market-related activities and monitor expenses throughout the fiscal year.
- Oversee and roll out on-air promotions and competitions and link up with sales activities.
- Ensure connection between marketing and sales functions.
- Ensure that marketing campaigns align with strategic and tactical plans
- Monitor internal marketing of the brand to staff members in order to create brand and campaign awareness.
- Meet deadlines as may be prescribed by marketing schedules.
- Agency collaboration for new product/campaign/service launches
- Set the overall acquisitions marketing communications strategy and objectives for the team
- Work across a range of online and offline marketing activities to meet new customer acquisition targets
- Track, monitor, and assess the performance of all marketing activities to generate new subscribers.
- Work with BI team to improve reporting capabilities, marketing dashboards and develop an understanding of related metrics
- Maximize response by media and by the campaign through continuous testing and optimisation
- Develop and nurture 3rd party opportunities to acquire new subscribers. Build effective working relationships with existing providers and vendors
- Lead the execution of all retail, POS and merchandising including decoders
- Take a lead role in planning and implementing Future wide/seasonal cross-sell promotions and work closely with the CVM team to ensure your activities drive good customer behaviour
- Manage team members to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from HR
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- Review and update the department’s organizational structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
- Approve leave requests for team members and create a leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from HR when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal
- Performance Improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised
- Degree in Marketing or related field
- Postgraduate qualification would be an added advantage
- Membership to the relevant professional organization would be an added advantage
- 8-10 years experience 5 of which must have been in a senior marketing management role
- Revenue management responsibility
- Overall management of the marketing function
- People management
- Financial planning and strategy
- Market research
- Marketing management skills and experience
- Experience of working within a Subscriptions management or related role
- Experience of working within e-commerce is beneficial
- Interpersonal Support
- Analytical Thinking