Admin & Office
Our products are far reaching on the African continent. In addition to Ghana, countries within our supply region include but are not limited to Cote d’Ivoire, Togo, Mali, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria and Gabon. As Transport Manager, part of your core responsibilities are for directing, coordinating, planning and overseeing tasks and operations within Deysark involving transportation activities. Your responsibilities include but not limited to the following;
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Making sure vehicles are properly maintained in accordance with the statutory compliance.
- Periodic inspection DCL fleets and advice where necessary.
- Arranging repairs and routine maintenance
- Ensuring that all drivers and operators have the correct, up to date qualifications
- Reducing the risk of vehicle overloading
- Maintaining and completing accurate records
- Assisting Audit and Account departments on periodic reconciliations on fuel coupons purchased.
- Ensuring planning and supervising of loads from warehouse to their various destinations are managed timely.
- Schedule daily and weekly routes together with sales Department.
- Daily tracking of vehicle routes and locations at any given time using functional systems
- Coordinate with Warehouse Workers to ensure proper storage and distribution of products
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure proper transport documents are properly filed
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective methods
- Organize training and workshop sessions for drivers/ operators on road safety by liaising with the HR Dept. respectively.
- Keep records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and transport legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly Transport report for Management advice.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical Engineering (Automobile Option) or any related field.
- 5 -10 years of progressive and relevant work experience in a similar position is preferable.
- Familiarity with GPS Vehicle Tracking System will be an added advantage
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Critical thinking skills excellent independent judgement and decision-making skills.
- High energy and multi-tasking skills
Job Location: Spintex, Light Industrial Area – 5 Minutes’ walk from KICC Dominion Centre Main entrance along the Tema Motorway.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.