Staff Accountant - Fixed Assets
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
The Staff Accountant - Fixed Assets is a critical member of the accounting team, playing a key role in creating, analyzing, and reporting timely and accurate financial information. This position will be responsible for tracking existing fixed assets, accounting for the disposition of assets, and preparing rollforward and depreciation schedules for fixed assets. The successful candidate will champion the advancement of processes and controls and build impactful working relationships with cross-functional teams to ensure all financial transactions are reported timely. This position reports to the Manager, Accounting.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
- Process fixed asset additions, transfers, reclassifications, disposals, and informational changes for fixed asset accounting records.
- Prepare monthly rollforwards and various fixed asset reports and audit schedules.
- Review fixed asset invoice additions for proper capitalization, approval, and coding.
- Reconcile, review, and update the work in process (WIP) account monthly. Ensure projects are completed and assets are placed in service before capitalization occurs.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain transaction information, research reconciling items, and resolve issues.
- Assist with the preparation of analytical reviews on a monthly basis for assigned areas.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit and quarterly reviews.
- Participate in accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the finance team and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Chartered Accountant certification a plus.
- High energy level with the ability to take ownership and show initiative in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Experience working at a publicly-traded company is a plus.
- A mix of public and private accounting is a plus.
- Ability to quickly identify challenges, prioritize, analyze the root causes, seek to understand the rationale behind current processes, and propose solutions while getting buy-in from key stakeholders.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.