Site Reliability Engineer
Customer Service & Support
Are you an experienced developer or DevOps engineer? Do you want the freedom to work remotely and want to grow in the new field of site reliability at an internationally successful software and education company? Then take our reliability to the next level as part of our site reliability engineering team!
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- You speak the language of software developers:
You have several years of experience as a developer or DevOps engineer with Docker, Kubernetes, various monitoring systems and modern deployment pipelines (CI/CD). Ideally, you have practical knowledge of the application of SRE principles.
- Experience with the operation of complex productive environments:
You enjoy modern tools and systems such as B. message queuing systems, database replication and geographically distributed systems.
- Strong communication skills:
With your clear communication style, you effectively inform all teams about current progress or challenges and proactively involve all stakeholders.
- Development of SRE principles: With the support of an experienced team of developers as well as platform and site reliability engineers, develop SRE principles and make their implementation and continuous optimization your mission.
- Definition of SLOs and SLIs: Establish SLOs and SLIs in teamwork with devs and management.
- Influence on the architecture of the infrastructure and application: Your word counts - optimize the architecture of our software and infrastructure together with developers and platform engineers.
- Raise service reliability to the next level: Introduce new operating concepts and constantly improve existing ones such as auto-scaling or canary deployments.
- Improving reliability: Share your knowledge with your colleagues and ensure that everyone on the team contributes to long-term reliability.
- You like to work in a structured manner and outline your daily routine and daily goals. Like every day, you block enough time to work on the constant further development of our SRE processes . You are not alone, you can count on the support of your team.
- Now it's time for the daily call with your team . You report on your priorities and blockers and get solid tips on how to solve your challenges.
- For the next few hours you allow yourself the luxury of turning off all messengers in order to focus on developing ideas for improvements in auto-scaling as well as monitoring and alerting . You then test your ideas in practice. You write down these principles of success in order to present them to the Head of IT Operations in a one-on-one call .
- You've done a lot and need a break. You go jogging in the park and then meet up with friends for lunch. You can afford this long break because you work remotely!
- Back at your desk with a fresh head, you have a meeting with a teammate. He asked you for help - together you look at a complex issue in a pipeline and find a solution. That's how teamwork works!
- It's time for a kickoff call with one of our development teams. You introduce the new Kubernetes features that will make our software even faster and more reliable.
- Shortly before closing time, you discover a Slack message from our event manager. She needs your details to book your flight and hotel for the upcoming team retreat . Finally you will meet your international team in person!
- Closing time already? You learned a lot again today and helped hundreds of thousands of SMEs digitize their business and advance society!
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.