Senior Program Officer, Sustainable Development
Admin & Office
With the rapid growth in carbon markets driving a new wave of project development, Verra is seeking a Senior Program Officer to grow our Program Management Team.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Reviewing project documents to ensure quality of VVB performance and integrity of projects requesting registration and verification to the CCB and SD VISta Programs.
- Collaborating internally with the Auditing and Accreditation Team on project quality and VVB performance and liaising externally with VVBs. This role may also entail periodic onsite audits of VVB site visits.
- Serving as a subject expert within the Program Management Team on sustainable development.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably working for a standards organization, NGO, government, project developer, and/or validation/verification body.
- Interest in maintaining high quality projects and auditors through careful review of project requests and documentation.
- A technical background and previous experience in reviewing or developing nature-based projects
- A relevant university degree. A master’s degree would be advantageous.
- Understanding of sustainable development strategies and an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities faced by practitioners of these arenas.
- Experience managing or training junior staff members
- Examples of ownership of projects/initiatives from planning to completion
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Culturally aware with the ability to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- Self-starter with the ability to excel in a professional, team-oriented environment and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in other languages would be an advantage.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.