Senior Program Officer, Energy and Industrial Projects
Admin & Office
With the rapid growth in carbon markets driving a new wave of project development, Verra is seeking a Senior Program Officer to join the Program Management Team.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Playing a key role in ensuring the quality of reviews for projects requesting registration and VCU issuance with Verra programs, including reviewing project documentation, visiting projects.
- Collaborating internally with the Auditing and Accreditation Team on project quality and VVB performance, and liaising externally with VVBs.
- Serving as a subject expert within the Program Management Team on technological and industrial-related matters.
- Training, supervising, and mentoring junior staff.
- Supporting the review of GHG accounting and assessment methodologies being developed under Verra programs.
- Helping the Program Development and Innovation Team with input on revisions to the VCS Program rules and procedures to help maintain the robustness, workability, and impact of those programs.
- Participating in industry conferences and other events.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably working for a standards organization, NGO, government, project developer, and/or validation/verification body.
- Technical background and previous experience in reviewing technological and industrial GHG projects.
- A relevant university degree. A master’s degree would be advantageous.
- Understanding of climate change mitigation strategies, Sustainable Development Goals, and/or climate/development finance, and an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities faced by practitioners of these arenas.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Culturally aware with the ability to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- Self-starter with the ability to excel in a professional, team-oriented environment and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in other languages would be an advantage.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.