- Generates hypotheses and designs and performs experiments to test them.
- Executes multiple experiments simultaneously over time independently.
- Records all experimental findings in a laboratory notebook, and analyzes and interpret experimental findings.
- Based on results, independently suggests and tests modifications to protocols.
- Prepares figures and diagrams for presentations and publications.
- Communicates results and collaborates with other professionals in the lab.
- Demonstrates a significant level of intellectual input into the design of the project.
- Presents findings at lab meeting, responds to challenges, and participates in exchanges of ideas to advance the science.
- Reads and understands relevant scientific literature.
- Contributes to the preparation of articles on research outcomes and progress and to the submission of same for publication.
- Participates in the editing and proofing of grant proposals, annual grant reports, and manuscripts for publication and recommends modifications to the Principal Investigator.
- Candidates Must be able to review print and online sources to gather information
- Create presentation slides and write papers to present findings
- Proofread and edit research documents
- Write academic papers and articles
- Must have good communication skills