Regional Advocacy Coordinator(Upper West, Upper East and Northern Region)
GHANA NATIONAL EDUCATION CAMPAIGN COALITION
Admin & Office
The Regional Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for leading and coordinating advocacy efforts to promote and advance the project’s mission and goals. He/She will play a critical role in raising awareness, influencing public opinion, and driving policy changes on issues relating to the SAGES project. He/She is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing advocacy campaigns and initiatives for the project. This includes developing and implementing advocacy strategies, building partnerships and coalitions, engaging with policy-makers and stakeholders, and coordinating advocacy events and activities. The position is based in the Northern Parts of Ghana specifically Upper West, Upper East and the Northern Region. The Regional Advocacy Coordinator will report to the National Coordinator.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies: Create comprehensive advocacy plans to address key issues or causes, identifying target audiences, goals, and tactics to achieve desired outcomes.
- Policy analysis and research: Conduct research and analysis on relevant policies, laws, regulations, and social issues relating to the SAGES project to inform advocacy campaigns and develop evidence-based positions and recommendations.
- Lobbying and coalition building: Engage with government officials, decision-makers, and stakeholders to advocate for policy changes or reforms. Build and nurture strategic alliances and coalitions with like-minded organizations, community groups, and individuals to amplify advocacy efforts.
- Plan and execute advocacy campaigns, including organizing public awareness events, rallies, petitions, media engagements, and other activities to mobilize public support and influence policy decisions.
- Communication and messaging: Develop persuasive and compelling messaging materials, including policy briefs, fact sheets, press releases, speeches, social media content, and other communication tools to effectively convey key advocacy messages relating to the SAGES project to diverse audiences.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Track and evaluate the impact of advocacy efforts, monitor policy developments, and assess the effectiveness of strategies and tactics employed. Adjust strategies as needed based on analysis and lessons learned.
- Must have a deep understanding of advocacy strategies, policy development, and legislative processes, particularly within the NGO or non-profit sector within the education space. Must be familiar with relevant laws, regulations, and international frameworks related to the project’s focus areas.
- Experience in developing and implementing advocacy strategies and public policy campaigns.
- Have experience in engaging with government officials, decision-makers, and stakeholders to advocate for policy changes or reforms.
- Must have experience in planning, organizing, and managing advocacy campaigns or projects, including setting goals, developing work plans, coordinating resources, and ensuring timely delivery of outcomes.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of departments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- A bachelors or masters degree in fields such as political science, international relations, public policy, social sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- Additional qualifications or certifications in advocacy, public affairs, or policy analysis can be advantageous.
Location: Upper West, Upper East and Northern Region.
NB: Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regional Advocacy Coordinator Application” in the subject line. Please do well to specify the region you are applying for in your cover letter.
Submission deadline is Monday, May 22, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and short-listed on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.