Program Officer, Plastic Program
Admin & Office
Verra is seeking a Program Officer to support the Plastic Program on the growing Program Management Team (PMT).
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Ensuring the quality of projects requesting registration with the Plastic Program, including reviewing project documentation, visiting projects, and liaising and collaborating closely with project stakeholders.
- Providing guidance and support to users of the Plastic Program. Such users include project developers, methodology developers, validation/verification bodies (VVBs), and other stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the Program Development & Innovations Team to draft revisions to Plastic Program rules and procedures to help maintain the robustness, workability, and impact of the program.
- Supporting the development of the Plastic Program by, for example, gathering and synthesizing input from key stakeholders, participating in relevant working groups and conferences, and researching emerging markets and policies.
- Other duties, as required.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant professional or internship experience, preferably working for a standards organization, NGO, government entity, project developer and/or validation/verification body (VVB).
- A relevant university degree. A master’s degree would be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of the plastic waste management and/or packaging sectors, including recycling processes, plastic materials and supply chains, and an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities faced by practitioners of these arenas.
- Understanding of circularity concepts, UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), supply chain sustainability initiatives and/or climate/development finance.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Culturally aware with the ability to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- Self-starter with ability to excel in a professional environment with limited supervision.
- Fluency in English is essential. Proficiency in other languages, especially Spanish, Portuguese, French or Bahasa would be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.