Placement Officer Role
Brighter Investment, Accra
Admin & Office
The Placement Specialist provides technical employment and job search services for students. This position requires competency in pre-employment activities such as instructing students on job search skills and resume writing, researching and locating employers with potential job offerings, and matching student backgrounds with jobs. Delivering on this role will bring us a step closer to ensuring that more academically-talented but financially-disadvantaged youth have access to quality post-secondary education.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Establish and maintain temporary, full-time, part-time, and graduate job databases consisting of employer information and job specifications.
- Maintain and continually update job orders by category. Distribute job orders to stimulate student awareness and interest.
- Contact prospective employers by telephone and in person to set up recruitment profiles.
- Schedule and visit various employers to identify potential positions for students and promote Brighter Investment’s job placement service.
- Receive and process inquiries from students regarding employment and volunteer opportunities.
- Prepare, schedule and deliver workshops and presentations on job search techniques, resume writing and interviewing skills among others.
- Provide individual consultations by critiquing and advising students on the preparation of resumes, approaches to interviews and research of employers.
- Participate in organizing and attending job fairs; publicize, seek out and make arrangements for job fair presenters and arrange for other similar activities.
- Refer students to suitable employment off-campus, volunteer opportunities and/or internships and coordinate referrals and services with specially-funded work programs.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree.
- 2+ years of work experience. We think experience in an employment or human resources office or marketing and/or communications would be most relevant but are open to others.
Skills and Ability:
- Prepare professional correspondence for routine communications.
- Maintain up-to-date files and ensure the security and confidentiality of employment information.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with youth, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with professionals from many different sectors, including partnership development.
Apply Now! The deadline for receiving applications is March 24, 2023. We expect to contact you about your application by the end of March.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.