Addison Group is seeking an experienced Payroll Accountant. The Payroll Accountant is responsible for performing essential duties including but not limited to, processing full-cycle payroll for approximately 1,110 employees (including garnishments, certified payrolls, manual checks, subsistence, reimbursements, other payroll related duties) In addition, this role will also be responsible for various accounting duties including, account reconciliations, AR/AP processing, accrued liabilities, cash etc.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Day to day responsibilities:
Payroll Areas Of Accountability
o Leads and plans work processes and procedures for Payroll to ensure accurate, timely and efficient reporting to Corporate Payroll department for processing. Ensures compliance with Company policies.
o Ensures the execution of the North American payroll in a timely manner in accordance with Company policy.
o Audits and analyzes payroll results using judgment to detect errors and/or anomalies and determine appropriate resolution.
o Ensures the execution of all Canadian payroll related procedures, as well as working with the ITW division service provider.
o Manages time reporting data including review and analysis of on-line time sheet submissions and correction of errors to ensure accurate labor distribution.
o Maintains and safeguards all Payroll records ensuring strict confidentiality and in accordance with Company policy.
o Manages general accounting procedures for all Payroll based transactions, including the analysis and reconciliation of payroll data.
o Communicates and interacts effectively with Company personnel to convey Payroll policy and procedure requirements. Communicates effectively with other departments to coordinate work efforts and resolve problems. Acts as the primary liaison with HR on payroll related matters.
o Leads the Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and serve as process owner for payroll ensuring all requirements are met and compliance is maintained.
o Ability to troubleshoot and create process improvements.
o Other duties as assigned
Accounting Areas Of Accountability
o Perform account reconciliations for various non-payroll related balance sheet accounts such as prepaid assets, accrued liabilities, cash, etc. Identify and resolve discrepancies related to these accounts.
o Partner with financial, planning and analysis for any actual to outlook variances and items to outlook for the next period.
o Support internal and external audits and reviews.
o Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 3-5 years of accounting experience or two years’ degree and 5-7 years' experience
· Experience of journal entries and reconciliations
· Proficient technical skills: MS Office and SAP or a major ERP
· Ability to use experience and judgment to plan and prioritize projects and job accountabilities.
· Highly organized, self-motivated and attention to detail.
· High level of customer service with the ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external customers and maintain effective working relationships with company personnel and with persons outside the company.
· Knowledge of SAP and Dayforce preferred.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.