Accounting, Auditing & Finance
As the Payroll Accountantat Timescale, you will oversee and supervise Timescale's domestic and international payroll functions, ensuring pay and employee benefits are processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. You will report directly to the Controller and also work closely with the Financial Operations Team to design and implement new processes.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop systems to process payroll transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes and third party payments).
- Assist the Controller in processing monthly international payments.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Work with the Controller to calculate and update any accruals for non-standard payments.
- Perform payroll reconciliations on a semi-monthly basis.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Collaborate with People Team regarding any changes to employees’ status (salary changes, new hires, terminations, promotions).
- Document and improve payroll processes.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions.
You also have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 1+ years of professional experience calculating and processing payroll.
- Prior experience with HR/Payroll ERP, time and general ledger systems required.
- Self-motivated, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative, and responsible.
- Must be detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Passion for serving developers and for working at a rapidly growing, fast-paced startup.
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Google Suite (primarily with Sheets), and willingness to experiment and work with new technologies.
- 1+ years experience working with the Big 4
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.