You will be responsible for handling support requests related to the Linux operating system (Ubuntu and Centos). You will be expected to provide prompt and effective assistance to our clients, helping them to resolve any issues they may be experiencing. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for proactively identifying areas where our clients may need assistance, and providing them with relevant guidance and support. This could include anything from troubleshooting software issues to helping clients optimize their systems. Overall, your role will be crucial in ensuring that our clients receive the highest possible level of service and support.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
The key focuses of your role will be:
- Developing and leading projects to improve the Customer Service and Customer Success processes in the company.
- Leading a team of 3 people in the Customer-focused Linux System Engineers
- Be part of the customer support team and take the player-coach role
More specifically, in this role, you will be doing the following activities:
- Provide world-class support to our customers with technical and non-technical issues, with 95%+ positively rated conversations (out of all ranked conversations)
- Teach the team to use new programs and instill new processes
- Increase customer satisfaction: should strive to ensure that customers are satisfied with the product or service and the level of support they receive, improving Net Promoter Score
- Reduce churn by identifying and addressing customer pain points, providing excellent customer support, and creating a positive customer experience
- Increased customer advocacy to turn customers into advocates for the product or service
- Improve the performance of the customer support team by providing training and development, setting clear goals and objectives, and creating a positive team environment
- Write excellent articles for our clients and maintain existing ones, to improve the efficiency of our support system and add more value to our customers
- Provide exceptional onboarding experiences for new users, especially in the first 90 days (when most clients churn), through great support & onboarding calls
Technical skills that make you the right person for this job:
- Linux system administration — As part of your role, you will be responsible for handling support requests related to the Linux operating system (Ubuntu and Centos). You will be expected to provide prompt and effective assistance to our clients, helping them to resolve any issues they may be experiencing. In addition to this, you will also be responsible for proactively identifying areas where our clients may need assistance, and providing them with relevant guidance and support. This could include anything from troubleshooting software issues to helping clients optimize their systems. Overall, your role will be crucial in ensuring that our clients receive the highest possible level of service and support.
- Containerization and virtualization (e.g., OpenVZ, OpenStack, Docker, Proxmox) —Knowledge of OpenVZ would be considered a big advantage
- Networking knowledge — Understanding networking concepts and protocols is important for designing, implementing, and troubleshooting complex network infrastructures that support application and service delivery.
- Scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python) — Ability to write and maintain scripts for automating repetitive tasks, configuring systems, and deploying applications. This skill is important for improving efficiency, reducing errors, and enabling reproducible deployments. We are developing our in-house solution for managing our infrastructure and also massively using bash and python scripting.
- Monitoring systems (e.g., Nagios, Zabbix) — Knowledge of monitoring tools and the ability to configure, troubleshoot and optimize them to ensure high availability and performance of the infrastructure. This skill is important for detecting and responding to issues in a timely manner.
- Security best practices — Ensuring the security of infrastructure components is critical to protect sensitive data and maintaining the overall integrity of applications and services.
Character traits that are required to excel in this role:
To excel in this role, you need to have the following personality/character traits:
- Excellent problem-solving skills — The ability to identify, analyze, and resolve complex infrastructure issues is essential for maintaining a reliable and high-performing environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration — Effective communication with team members, stakeholders, and clients is crucial for understanding requirements, sharing knowledge, and ensuring a seamless workflow.
- Time management and organization — Balancing multiple tasks, deadlines, and responsibilities is essential for an Infrastructure Engineer to stay productive and deliver projects on time.
- Adaptability and continuous learning — The tech industry evolves rapidly; being open to learning new technologies and adapting to changes ensures you stay relevant and bring innovation to your infrastructure projects.
- Mentoring — As a Customer Support Team Lead, guiding and mentoring junior team members helps foster a collaborative environment and ensures the team stays aligned with best practices and project goals.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.