edX is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join our central support team as a Financial Technology Learning Specialist. Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to recent college graduates who seek to transition into careers in Financial Technology. We believe learning a new skill, in any of our programs, should be exciting and engaging — and that extends beyond the classroom.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
What You Will Do:
- Tutor students remotely, each session will be 1 hour in length (50 min session time, 10 min admin time).
- Field questions posed by students relating to their weekly homework assignments, class exercises, group projects, and more in our proprietary platform (AskBCS). Learning assistants will foster learning and direct students to problem solve and find solutions.
- Grade homework assignments utilizing grading rubrics and grading feedback templates within 24-48 hours of submission.
- Support students for the duration of the boot camp program and help with both technical and non-technical skills such as success strategies for the boot camp.
- Infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the students' learning progression.
- Provide world-class student support while adhering to our support model to solve and respond to curriculum-based technical questions.
- Craft easy-to-understand responses that guide students to discover the answer to their questions.
- Provide feedback to students that help them achieve increasing excellence in their work.
- Articulate clear and thorough feedback that supports the specific grade assigned.
- Identify student errors and communicate explicitly for visibility to the local instructional team.
- Encourage students' progression of learning according to our pedagogy.
Familiarity with the following Financial Technology subject matter:
- Financial Fundamentals - Financial Ratios and Financial Analysis, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, and Solidity
- Financial Libraries and Tools - NumPy, SciPy, Ffn, and Quantopian
- Machine Learning Applications in Finance - Algorithmic Trading, Linear Regression, Scikit-learn, Financial Modeling, and Forecasting
- Financial Programming - Python 3, Pandas, Matplotlib, API Interactions, Amazon Web Services, and SQL
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 6 months of Financial Technology experience (or equivalent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage daily remote work.
- A thorough, detail-oriented work style.
- Proficiency with software engineering tools.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex, technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving.
- A patient and positive attitude.
- Able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the learning environment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.