Responsible for driving business transformation by developing strategies and policies in consultation with the Managing Director and Board of Directors and providing operational support for implementation of the Company’s strategies. He/she will also be responsible for supporting origination, due diligence, and evaluation of potential investment opportunities. Will lead efforts to manage investment portfolio including coordination to develop strategies of portfolio companies, the implementation of the strategies, course corrections where needed, monitoring and reporting of implementation progress to the MD, Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Lead the coordination for the development and implementation of strategies to help increase revenues profitably, improve operations, strengthen financial controls, and increase shareholder value for the Company and its portfolios.
- Develop appropriate performance monitoring and reporting frameworks, systems and processes in consultation with the MD and the Board.
- Liaise with the functional heads (e.g., Finance Heads) of the portfolio companies for the collection, collation and analysis of financial and operational information to identify key performance indicators in the operations of the portfolio companies and recommend relevant interventions.
- Coordinate the development of business transformation strategies to help create value for the investee companies.
- Conduct market and industry and ad hoc research and analysis to provide insights to inform operational and strategic plans and support business decisions for the Company and investee companies.
- Assist with exits of investments as needed (e.g., identifying potential exit options, evaluation of exit offers, managing exit process, negotiations). Competencies
- Well‐defined and highly developed analytical skills (e.g., valuation, review of financial statements and annual reports for insights)
- Effective and efficient communication skills (e.g., verbal, written)
- Strong abilities to draft, prepare and make presentations
- Ability to work well individually and with teams
- Ability to oversee and manage a wide span of complex but inter‐related issues, projects and initiatives involving different persons and entities
- Knowledge of corporate governance, risk and compliance issues
- Ability to develop and implement workplans, strategies, policies and structures to help implement projects and initiatives
- Ability to evaluate multiple stakeholder requirements and work with them to prioritize delivery of those requirements
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial management systems and industry requirements
- Ability to network with individuals and institutions in the private and public sector on issues relating to strategy, policy and statutory or industry regulations
- Knowledge of regulatory and operational requirements for the funded institutions and other institutions within the value chain
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field (e.g., Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Science) from reputable institutions; a graduate degree such as MSc or MBA is a plus
- Membership of relevant professional body (e.g., Chartered Financial Analyst) is a plus
- A minimum of Seven (7) years of experience in relevant areas such as finance, investment management or project/change management.
- Experience in private equity, venture capital or holding company is a plus.
- Industry expertise in the Company’s strategic focus areas is a plus
- The Board of Directors of the Company.
- Members of the Boards of Directors of the portfolio companies.
- Management executives of the portfolio companies (e.g., Heads of Finance, HR etc.). 4. Consultants and Service Providers of the Company.
- Other relevant stakeholders in the private and public sectors
Location: Airport City, Accra
Kindly Note: Application Closes Immediately After 15th of November 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.