The Accountant is responsible for managing and overseeing the financial operations of a hospitality business, ensuring accurate financial recording, reporting, and compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Work closely with the finance and operations team to provide financial analysis and support, contributing to overall business objectives and strategy.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll.
- Prepare, review, and distribute financial statements, reports, and budgets on a regular basis.
- Analyze financial data, identify trends, and provide insights to improve financial performance and resource allocation.
- Monitor and manage cash flows, including preparing cash forecasts, managing banking relationships, and ensuring sufficient liquidity.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations, including timely and accurate filing of tax returns.
Cost Control and Analysis:
- Monitor and analyze financial results, identifying areas for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Collaborate with operational teams to develop and implement cost-saving initiatives.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Assist in the negotiation and review of contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing structures to optimize costs.
Financial Planning and Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts, working closely with department heads to identify revenue and cost drivers.
- Develop and maintain financial models, projections, and analyses to support decision-making.
- Prepare and present financial reports and analysis to management, highlighting key performance indicators and variances.
- Provide guidance and support to non-financial stakeholders in understanding financial data and its impact on business operations.
Compliance and Regulatory Requirements:
- Maintain a solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting standards, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversee and coordinate audits, working closely with external auditors to provide necessary documentation and resolve any issues.
- Develop and implement internal controls and procedures to safeguard the organization's assets and mitigate financial risks.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, regulatory changes, and best practices applicable to hospitality accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Professional certification such as ACCA would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, with at least 2 years in a hospitality will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial regulations.
- Familiarity with hospitality-specific accounting systems (e.g., point of sale systems, hotel property management systems,).
- Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Background in Hospitality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain high ethical standards.
Expected Salary: GHC 3000.00 - GHC 6000.00 depending on experience
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.