Finance and Administrative officer
GHANA NATIONAL EDUCATION CAMPAIGN COALITION
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
The Finance and Administrative officer shall assist the Finance Manager in the discharge of his/her role, be responsible for the administrative and human resource management at the National Secretariat of GNECC. He/She shall report to the National Coordinator on administrative and human resource roles and the Finance manager on financial duties. The position is based in Accra. The Finance and Administrative Officer will report to National Coordinator on his/her administrative roles and to the Finance Manager on his/her finance duties or any other authorized by GNECC.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Assist the Finance Manager in the management of the financial records of GNECC.
- Assist the Finance Manager with activity-fund retirements within five (5) working days after activity.
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, assist with entry of financial records via GNECC’s accounting software.
- Handle cash payments and receipts from and to vendors and service providers of GNECC and make deposits of cash payments at the bank.
- Prepare payment vouchers and memos for payments made.
- Prepare reports for replenishments from donors under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Handle petty cash disbursements and analysis.
- Prepare monthly payrolls for staff.
- Manage time sheets.
- Provide administrative support to the National Coordinator and Program Officers with the organization and mobilization around implementing planned activities of the Coalition.
- Must have a deep understanding of finance, accounting, and economics, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, taxation, and investment management.
- Basic knowledge of HR and payroll functions.
- Office management and administration.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in finance and administrative management.
- Experience in budgeting, financial reporting, and bookkeeping.
- Experience in managing administrative functions such as office management, procurement, and contracts management.
- Experience in working with donor-funded projects and understanding of donor regulations.
- Familiarity with regulations and reporting requirements especially in the NGO sector.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and requirements.
- Be able to multitask and work within deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and other relevant software's.
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in finance, accounting, or a related field is typically required.
- A master degree or professional certification in accounting or finance is an added advantage.
NB: Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance and Administrative Officer Application” in the subject line.
Submission deadline is Monday, May 22, 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.