As Director of Operations for AI Training, you will be responsible for running and evolving a branch of the engine that is powering the world’s leading innovation: AI. Invisible is partnered with some of the leading companies in AI development as their core human data training partners. Our AI training team is made up of hundreds of team members, ranging from bright high school graduates to PhDs & professors, from engineers and mathematicians to creative writers and linguists. As Director, you will be responsible for an entire branch of our AI training division: managing hundreds of trainers and collaborating with some of the world’s top AI researchers. You will report directly to our VP of Operations. In addition to team management, you will be on the front lines of innovating new methods of AI training, constantly iterating and refining how human-generated data can best impact the AI models that our clients are creating.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 8 years
The three core pillars of your responsibilities will be:
- Operations Management: indirectly managing a team of hundreds of AI trainers and directly managing a team of several Operations Managers and Operations Analysts as they manage the production of high-quality work on nuanced AI training processes.
- Client Management: partnering with researchers and managers at our clients’ companies at both the strategic and tactical levels, working with them to define their needs, map their processes, and ensure our work is achieving their goals.
- Systems Thinking: constantly iterating on the design of our processes, applying to both external AI training processes that we run for our clients as well as internal management systems that help you manage your team more efficiently and effectively. Whilst some process innovations will not require new technology, others will. You will partner with product managers on Invisible’s technologies team to be able to create new technologies.
Who we want
Additional qualifications that are not required but would be desired are:
- Worked in an AI or AI training firm, but these firms can be more AI-adjacent than the VP role (e.g. CloudFactory, UIPath, etc… potentially even consulting firms like McKinsey).
- Managed an organization of at least 30+ people (though 100+ would be preferred).
- Big plus if you have some technical background or a recent (<10 years old) major in ML/CS at a university.
- Experience with project management
- Experience managing a team of 20+ people
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.