The successful candidate will have proven significant experience of strategically leading a Payments Operations function or similar within a medium or large payments or FinTech firm. You are expected to be articulate, detail orientated and confident to display a clear level of understanding when liaising with various stakeholders within the business and have an ability to perform consistently in a role that is vital to the day to day running of the business.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Establish and build the Financial Operations team including setting up and documenting of financial controls across all products and building a FinOps team for scale.
- Managing a team of revenue assurance specialists, with the aim of growing the team capabilities and headcount in line with the growth of the Ozow business;
- Acting as a senior leader within the business providing knowledge and becoming the SME on payments and banking.
- Overseeing and optimizing the reconciliation, settlements and reporting processes, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Overseeing the resolution of queries around unsettled/voided/cancelled transactions and unidentified payments.
- Overseeing all third party fund reconciliations.
- Maintaining relationships with our banking partners as well as internal communication with key stakeholders.
- Working with the IT stakeholders on technology improvements and systems upgrades, as well as creating financial test cases to sign off systems in UAT prior to production deployment.
- Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Head of Finance, to ensure efficient operations in relation to the full scope of payment processes.
- Regular reporting of payment operational processes to Executives and Senior Management.
- Improving payments systems and processes to make efficiency gains.
- Being a supportive manager to the team, overseeing payment investigations and resolution to settlement queries.
- Building and leading a high-performing team providing guidance, training, and mentorship to ensure operational excellence.
- 5+ years proven experience of leading and managing a payments operations team including at least 3-5 years in a medium or large organization
- You should have a detailed knowledge of South African clearing system and its operation processes and have experience of banking relationships
- Experience with rolling out new products, improving processes and managing projects is also essential
- A good knowledge of technical systems and back-end processing is required
- Advanced excel skills is a requirement
- Basic knowledge of SQL is advantageous
- Business process/business analyst background will also be an advantage
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.