The Controller is a key role in the Finance organization, reporting to the VP Finance, and is responsible for corporate business reporting, filings, and fiscal accountability, and will also lead various finance projects and initiatives, oversee financial systems and partner with other functions in analytical support. Working with the Finance Operations team, this role will oversee and manage consolidated financials and ensure workplace operations follow established internal controls and any applicable regulatory requirements.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Responsible for all aspects of the general ledger, reviewing monthly journal entries and ensuring they are supported by appropriate levels of documentation and analysis.
- Ensure timely closing on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Collaborate with our external auditors for financial statement information and preparation.
- Manage government remittance obligations.
- Support the process of multi-year revenue forecasting, in partnership with the Finance and Sales teams.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable management for cash flow efficiency.
- Manage the treasury program, including investment of cash in treasury bills and similar risk-free assets.
- Manage the financial close process and oversee the preparation of the management reporting deliverables at the consolidated level, as well as curated reporting for the Hosting and Enterprise business units, including monthly financial reports, forecasts, and other key performance indicators.
- Partner with Finance Operations to ensure that the monthly operational results are accurate on a consolidated basis and reported within prescribed timelines.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state government reporting requirements and filings.
Process Improvement and Business Compliance
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within Finance, with a focus on reducing the monthly close period through better use of existing tools and software and implementing process efficiencies.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce policies, procedures, and internal controls, and provide financial advice to other groups to facilitate their decision-making.
- Participate in or lead projects to improve business processes across the Company as required.
- Participate in and support the development of the Company’s strategic plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert within the organization on US GAAP accounting and disclosure requirements, with a particular focus on contracts with customers and revenue recognition.
- Provide stakeholders with technical accounting assessments, recommended accounting treatments, and related impact assessments on new and existing issues, recommending changes or preparing impact assessments of contractual commitments, as required.
- Maintain and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, customers, external auditors, Compliance, Legal, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and Billing, and other areas within the Finance team.
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders, prioritizing accountability and best-in-class customer service, within financial and resource constraints.
- Develop and provide presentations and workshops as required to stakeholders across the business with respect to corporate policies, internal controls, revenue recognition, procedures, and change management.
- Prior experience in a full-cycle accounting or controllership role, or at least two of the areas of financial reporting (including public accounting), financial planning and analysis, technical accounting, policy management, finance systems implementation, and finance transformation.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP or IFRS, including knowledge of general ledger accounting and financial reporting processes.
- 7+ years experience with small to mid-sized organizations, in a similar role or client service capacity.
Soft Skill Requirements
- Ability to analyze and integrate multiple data sources into a consistent format, interpret underlying data, identify issues and opportunities, and implement solutions.
- Ability to capture the end-to-end process and determine areas of opportunity for improvement, automation, and refinement to allow for the ability to grow and scale.
- Advanced organizational skills, to be able to balance the needs of daily activities and special projects.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality and data integrity.
- Effective communicator, able to convey and present information in a concise and well-organized manner.
- Exceptional problem solver, using rigorous logic and documented methods to solve problems, striving to seek the correct answer rather than the first answer, and to understand ‘why’.
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to build and maintain complex spreadsheets in Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to collaborate with different individuals across the organization, and able to partner with all levels of management while relating to their needs and perspectives.
- Displays integrity and is accountable for actions and statements.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.