- Review and revise content written by other writers.
- Prepare material for books or other publications.
- Review story ideas proposed by CEO.
- Delegate articles to staff writers.
- Review and edit drafts of books and articles and provide commentary to support revision.
- Correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Oversee the production of publications.
- Review proposals for books.
- Plan budgets and negotiate contracts with freelance writers.
- Check copy for style and readability.
- Review and approve proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Fact-check articles.
- Carry out research and confirm sources for writers.
- Discuss projects with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors, and production managers.
- Arrange page layouts of articles, photographs, and advertising.
- Help writer compose headlines.
- Prepare final copy for print.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, partners in other countries, board members, external partners, donors and investors.
- Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint; fund-raising data management systems knowledge helpful.
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people including major donors, Investors, Board members, foundation staff, colleagues of the CEO and staff, and others.
- Due to the confidentiality of the work, the functions of this position should be performed in a private office location.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duration: Maximum of 6 months contract