The Accountant & Finance Officer working in this role will help in the development and implementation of policies and practices for financial management, payroll, budget control and accounting. By getting hands-on experience by working under a finance supervisor, he/she is able to understand and follow financial trends. He /She can practically apply his/her theoretical knowledge of financial laws, government policies in his/her day to day work at our company.
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- An Account & Finance Officer /Finance intern will work under the supervision of the business services Manager and must follow the accounting and administrative process
- To collect, understand, process, verify and report accounting related-information to his/her vertical head
- Be given professional analytical and management support work assignments
- Assistance may be required in the preparation of monthly or weekly financial reports
- Develop and utilize spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications
- Manage specialized information, reports, forms dealing with fees, billing, tracking of projects etc
- Enter information into the financial accounting system of the company. Knowleged in Quick-Booking will be an added advantage
- Processing, recording, verifying, and posting receipts and transactions for goods sold or services rendered.
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies.
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts when necessary.
- Maintaining proper ledger account of all debtors, tracking receivables and process receivables reports.
- Reconciliation of customer ledger and company bank accounts at the end of every month and reporting on discrepancies.
- Ensuring timely payment of bills and institutionary contributions.
- Performing other duties when needed.
- Maintaining confidentiality of financial records.
Skills and Specifications:
- Must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Must be able to collect, evaluate and interpret data, in both statistical and narrative form
- Should be capable of preparing files and maintaining records and documentation
- Should have good written and oral communication skills
- Other skills required are related to problem solving, entering and verifying data, knowledge of computers, various software applications and standard office equipment
- Excellent computer skills and impeccable knowledge of MS Office, mainly Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, record-keeping, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-disciplined with the ability and desire to learn and grow with the company.
- A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution, a professional training ( Acca Level 2 or CA Level 2 )
- Years of Experience: At least 2 to 3 years of proven experience in similar role.
Employment Type: Full Time
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.