Windows Virtualization Engineer
Engineering & Technology
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a career opportunity for a Windows Virtualization Engineer to work at Joint Base Andrews supporting the AFNCR IT Services program. The selected candidate will provide Virtualization / VMware Systems Engineering services at Joint Base Andrews with potential travel to other selected locations.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:6 years
- Senior Level Responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to Senior level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, VMWare -Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications.
- Review information systems requirements and use professional concepts to incorporate these requirements into solutions.
- Solid hands-on knowledge of Windows and VMware server Engineering tasks.
- Experience with VMware ESX / ESXi hypervisor.
- Maintain and Engineer a multi-site, multi-farm VMware environment, which hosts the Windows server on-premises infrastructure using VMware vSphere 6.x and 7.x
- Manage and configure VDI environemnts.
- Maintain and administer a multi-region, multi-VNet environment.
- Utilize Virtual Machine Software VMware, Virtualbox, HyperV.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience or a Masters with 6+years of related experience, additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Must hold current or obtain within 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
- Engineer solutions to problems that require the frequent use of analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Must have a strong IT Network background.
- Experience with VMware and Systems Engineering in an Enterprise environment.
- MCSE certification.
- ITIL training and/or certification.
- Network knowledge and experience.
- Exposure to Oracle and SQL databases.
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.