The USAID-funded WASH-FIN 2 project in India, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Water Utility Performance Improvement (WUPI) Specialist. This position will be located in the project office in Accra, Ghana.
Position Description: The Water Utility Performance Improvement Specialist works under guidance of the Country Team Leader to identify and leads engagements with Ghanaâs Water Service Providers (WSPs) in small towns as well as Ghana Water Limited to provide technical support to improve and promote sustainable service delivery. The WUPI will support the National, regional and municipal operations, the private sector and other stakeholders to define the framework for appropriate development and management of water service provision in the country, including strengthening institutional and regulatory frameworks for engagement of private sector actors. The WUPI will also support WSPs in performance improvement data management and technical conceptualization and management of intervention measures to be implemented through Grants Under Contract (GUC) supporting infrastructure and systems.
* Identify and establish key baseline indicators for performance monitoring and assessment of water services providers based on acceptable performance standards including the Utility of the Future (UoF)
* Support small town piped water supply by evaluating and scaling models for optimum management and viability of service providers.
* Prepare selection criteria for water service providers to be supported in the program and methodology for data capture and analysis for the selected indicators including tools and templates.
* Support the Grants Specialist in supervising and monitoring implementation of identified WASH interventions for performance improvement.
* Lead WASH-FIN 2 activities in identifying interventions for bankable WSP projects and facilitate provision of on demand technical support to review and prepare necessary engineering designs and requisite documentation to enable the WSPs access funding/financing for the identified projects.
* Support the WSPs in preparation and review of other requisite transaction documents including financial proposals and terms sheets to ensure financial close.
* Support GWL in developing climate resilient investments to demonstrate and enhance cost recovery and financial sustainability.
* Promote Service Provider Accountability and Customer Voice Learning and Partnerships
* Develop knowledge materials from policy and evidence-based research to promote dialogue on how to improve WASH service delivery in Ghana.
* Document learnings and participate in knowledge sharing and dissemination.
* Work with Global Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to track implementation of the projects and the outcomes from the interventions developed.
* Facilitate knowledge management through partnership with key actors in the small-town water space.
* Bachelorâs degree in public health engineering, civil / environmental engineering or related field; masterâs degree is preferred (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for the degrees mentioned).
* Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience, with at least five yearsâ experience in the design, construction, operations and/or management of water infrastructure.
* Experience working with a water utility on improving technical and financial performance and building capacity.
* Registration by relevant professional bodies such as Ghana Institution of Engineering (GhIE) is preferred.
* Broad-based understanding of the water sector in Ghana is required, including technical, financial and governance aspects of services delivery; more detailed knowledge of sector policies, institutions, regulation, accountability, and incentive systems is preferred.
* Experience supporting USAID-funded, or Development funded projects highly preferred.
* Excellent English speaking and writing skills, including technical and report writing skills.
* Willing to travel to field project sites, notably in northern Ghana.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
* Ability to work effectively in a sometimes intense and demanding environment and deliver high-quality outputs.
* Flexible and willing to perform tasks not directly related to role when required, and sometimes work irregular hours.
* Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Techâs IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the worldâs most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit or contact our Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees â 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.