- Devising, developing and implementing a programme to meet and exceed income targets from Trusts and Foundations.
- Researching, writing and monitoring applications for a broad range of trusts and foundations, packaging programmes into innovative ‘asks’ that meet the criteria of the funder and align with AfriKids programmes.
- Working with AfriKids Ghana to develop systems and processes in Trusts and Foundations fundraising both in the UK and Ghana and support the capacity building of AfriKids Ghana to secure and manage Trusts and Foundations independently.
- To focus on medium to large Trusts and Foundations and build strategic relationships that go beyond a simple financial transaction but create long term partnerships.
- Recognise and understand the importance of the organisation’s reputation for high quality, and “personal” donor relations, and be committed to upholding this.
- Report to the Head of Grants and Programme Funding as required on planning, budgeting, delivery and internal reporting processes to ensure the effective management and oversight of trusts and foundations fundraising.
- Maintain an in-depth, up to date knowledge of AfriKids’ key services and projects and their order of funding priority to inform Trusts and Foundations fundraising activities and maximise opportunities.
- Monitor and assess the financial performance of trusts and foundations fundraising to inform plans going forward.
- Work closely with the Head of Grants and Programme Funding to monitor a range of KPIs and assess the performance of trusts and foundations income.
- Ensure all trusts and foundations fundraising information is up to date in Salesforce and work with the finance staff to effectively manage trusts and foundations income.
- Understand and support the development of financial systems and processes underpinning grant management, to effectively produce financial reports and feedback to donors as required Staff Management
- To communicate AfriKids vision and our work on the ground (both verbally and in writing) in a persuasive and knowledgeable manner preparing well targeted proposals, pitches and reports.
- Build on relationships with existing Trusts and Foundations, providing an excellent standard of feedback in a timely manner and maximising opportunities to submit further applications for funding
- To lead on the relationship management of all Trusts and Foundations including the development and implementation of tailored cultivation and stewardship plans to inspire and engage all new and current Trusts and Foundations.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all fundraising partnerships with Trusts and Foundations achieve their maximum potential and that AfriKids delivers on all of its commitments to these funders.
- To manage all communications between AfriKids and Trusts and Foundations including donor reporting, thanking, event invites etc.
- Take responsibility for maintaining the Trusts and Foundations pipeline on Salesforce, ensuring records are accurate and up to date, including data input, tracking expected income, running reports and, ensuring compliance with the Charity’s Data Protection and information security policies
- Research and pursue opportunities from overseas trusts and foundations, in the US and elsewhere
- Maintain a good working knowledge of external activities, policies and learning to ensure that programmes information produced by AfriKids is current and of substance e.g., referring to the latest Ghana census for up-to-date statistics, being aware of UN publications on work in similar contexts, etc.
- To involve AfriKids Trustees in the process of building relationships with Trusts and Foundations and exploring networks to help with new approaches.
- Maximise the value of Charity’s resources available to the trusts and foundations fundraising strategy (including collaboration with other staff; software and technology; finance, etc.), while being conscious to complement and work cooperatively with other workstreams towards Charity’s common goals and objectives.
- Be a dedicated team player and always support and
work cooperatively with the rest of the team
You have the essentials (please demonstrate all of these)
- A proven track record in successfully securing five and six-figure donations and multi-year grants.
- In-depth experience of trusts and foundations fundraising and knowledge of best practice fundraising techniques.
- Experience of building excellent relationships with trusts and foundations producing cultivation and stewardship plans for new and existing supporters respectively.
- Excellent track record in the successful development of trust and foundations proposals securing significant income.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate passionately and persuasively while communicating complex information in an accessible and convincing format
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise a complex and varied workload while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with specific emphasis on spelling, grammar, proofing and correction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Excellent time management, organisational skills and ability to prioritise a wide variety of work
- Ability to research and analyse a range of information Proactive, “can do” attitude with good initiative in responding to varied tasks.
You may also have (you are not be expected to have these, but if you do, we’d love to hear about it)
- Qualification in international development, international relations, human rights or relevant subjects
- Experience of developing proposals for international development/child rights focused organisations.
- Working with programmes and country teams to prepare projects for donors.
- Understanding and experience of evaluation and project monitoring tools such as theories of change.
- Proven track record of an organised and methodical approach to work, combining numerical accuracy with attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Project management experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Xero, Adobe InDesign
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.