We are looking for a Tooling Engineer to join the Developer Infrastructure team to support a broad range of teams which are all facing their own set of challenges. From automating provisioning and seeding of code hosts to reproduce customer issues, building a robust local development environment that doesn't get in the way, to shaping our observability stack at scale, you are passionate about building internal tools and fostering the best possible developer-experience for your peers. By joining our team, you will directly impact both Cody and our Code Intelligence platform, standing at the crossroads of all Sourcegraph teams by building mission critical tools to support our mission.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Within one month, you will…
- You will have successfully onboarded, familiarized themselves with Sourcegraph's development environment, and set up your own development environment.
- You will have gained a deep understanding of the Sourcegraph codebase, particularly focusing on the tools and infrastructure relevant to the Developer Infrastructure team's mission.
- You will have made your initial contributions, likely in the form of code enhancements or automation improvements, demonstrating your ability to dive into unfamiliar code areas and contribute effectively.
Within three months, you will…
- You will have implemented significant automation improvements, making strides in enhancing the continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for various development teams.
- You will have actively contributed to shaping the observability stack at scale, improving the monitoring and debugging capabilities for Sourcegraph's services.
Within six months, you will…
- You will have provided valuable insights into the architectural decisions and scalability improvements through code reviews and discussions, ensuring that the team maintains high standards.
- You will have initiated and driven process improvements within the team, particularly in areas like retrospectives, testing practices, and planning, resulting in more efficient workflows.
Within one year, you will…
- You will have made a mission-critical impact on Cody and the Code Intelligence platform by delivering robust, scalable, and user-friendly internal tools. These tools will significantly enhance developer productivity and the overall developer experience.
You are a polyglot hacker, an endlessly curious jack-of-all-trades, and you're passionate about tools, developer-experience, with a solid experience of the challenges faced by other developers. Your strong sense of empathy helps you to understand your peers' challenges and you sharply understand how to balance solving now and future problems, carving a path to implement your vision.
First, you have a deep understanding of the software lifecycle, having experienced it yourself by working on the product side, and a strong familiarity with all the tools supporting it; e.g.:
- You’ve worked with Bazel or other build systems to support polyglot codebases.
- You're passionate about automation, CI/CD and building self-service offerings for your peers.
- You've worked with GCP and Kubernetes.
- You're naturally putting yourself in the shoes of other developers and constantly seek to understand their perspective.
- You’re a great communicator and know that the job is finally done when your peers are solving their problems with the tools you built, you intuitively drive adoption and cater to your audience.
- You're proficient at writing Go code, but you're a polyglot at your core.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.