Engineering & Technology
We are looking for a Structural Engineer who possesses a thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques. The candidate will be responsible for planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. He/She will be required to devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable standards and accepted engineering practices. The typical duties of the Structural Engineer will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of civil/structural engineering calculations, plans, designs, and layouts, project specifications, project proposals and or engineering portions of project cost estimates.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Provide drawing for designs and produce sketches to incorporate drawings by Architects.
- Review drawings and coordinate work with other units such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Work closely on construction plans with clients, architects, and other stakeholders.
- Develop design ideas using CAD software.
- Investigate properties of materials and recommend which are most suitable .
- Working out the loads and stresses on different parts of a structure.
- Using computer simulations to predict how structures will react under different conditions.
- Inspect units and recommending options for repairs, etc.
- Ensure projects meet legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements.
- Build structures based on technical specifications
- Track project progress and reporting on results
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges
- Perform any other duty the role may demand or as instructed by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or related field.
- Must be a certified Engineer with relevant certifications.
- Working knowledge of Auto Cad or other relevant drafting software.
- 2 years minimum experience with practical knowledge in Civil and/or Structural Engineering.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have improved skills and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected challenges that may arise in a fast-paced work environment.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Location: Project Site, Regimanuel, Katamanso, Accra.
A gross monthly salary between GHS9,000 - 15,000, based on individual credential assessment.
Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Saturday.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.