Staff Machine Learning Engineer (MLE)
Engineering & Technology
We are looking for a Staff Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) that knows how to lead engineering initiatives and drive results - not mere activity. We operate in a highly collaborative environment with Product and Design to build high-quality, personalized learning experiences. At Varsity Tutors, engineers do not just write code, they actively participate in the conversation on what and how to build the systems and solutions that matter to our customers. If you love having a positive, material impact on customers’ lives as much as we do, we want to hear from you.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Design and develop ML solutions that involve the processing of large-scale data sets.
- Help define requirements, create software designs, implement code to these specifications, and support products while deployed and used by our customers.
- Work with Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Data Scientists to invent, design and deliver Machine Learning solutions in production; both customer and internal facing.
- Develop ML workflows and end-to-end pipelines for data preparation, training, deployment, monitoring, etc., and ensure the quality of architecture and design of our ML systems and data infrastructure.
- Develop data-driven feedback loops and real-time decision-making frameworks to provide the best experience for our customers.
- Prior domain knowledge in NLU is a plus, though not required. However, strong motivation to learn ML, AI, and NLU is critical for a candidate to be successful in the role.
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Experience with Apache Spark and Amazon AWS platform (SageMaker, Redshift, EMR, Glue, Step Functions, Lambda, Batch, etc.).
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead, or leading an engineering team
- Effective communicator (written and verbal)
- Experience in deep learning libraries/techniques in the area of NLU and reinforcement learning strongly preferred
- Understanding of OO design, algorithms, and data structures
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- Computer Science or a related degree preferred
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.