Engineering & Technology
We’re looking for seasoned Senior and Staff Ruby on Rails Engineers to join our fully-remote team to help us scale to meet market demand. This is an opportunity to join on the ground floor of a bootstrapped, growing company with a lot of upside.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:10 years
Expectations for your first 6 months:
- Within 90 Days: Become familiar with the Engineering Team’s internal processes, LeadSimple’s architecture and production environment, and the overall product using our customer-facing documentation.
- Conduct technical interviews with potential engineering candidates and make recommendations to hiring managers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation at least three times
- Own the Engineering Team’s maintenance pitches for betting table cycles.
- Replace the Head of Engineering as the team’s go-to advisor on technical decisions (including PR reviews).
- Identify, pitch, and successfully complete at least two high-impact, high-complexity projects.
A day in the life of…
- Unblock critical or complex requests from the team by providing expert review and advice.
- Actively share your knowledge and expertise to help the team level up.
- Review work samples from candidates and attend interviews.
- Provide Engineering Managers with feedback on performance and promotion decisions for individual team members.
- Advise the leadership team of ongoing engineering projects.
- Ensure consistent software quality by advocating for and leading adoption of industry best practices
- Manage the technical design, tasks, delivery and deadlines for assigned projects, following the Shape Up process.
- Write Shape Up pitches for potential projects to improve the scalability, performance or team productivity. Advocate for these projects at the Betting Table using data and analysis.
- Help us scale the team, product and company by proposing improvements that will make us more effective.
- 7+ years in senior engineering roles involving Ruby, 3+ years involving React
- Fluent spoken and written English at a professional level.
- Working hours must overlap with PST for at least 3 hours.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL query optimization and scaling strategies
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills, able to recommend decisions using data and experience
Nice to have
- 10+ years in senior or staff software engineering roles involving Ruby, 5+ years involving React
- Typescript or GraphQL experience
- Elixir experience (we have 1 service using Elixir)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.