Yawson & Lombardi
Engineering & Technology
As a site engineer, your input to construction projects will be technical, organizational and supervisory. You are to set out and determine the location for infrastructural installations, both above and below ground, and will apply designs and plans to mark out the site. You'll also share responsibility for site security, health and safety and the organization and supervision of material and human resources on site.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- To serve as technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, artisans and design engineers
- Set out, level and survey the site
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications and to oversee their selection and requisition
- Agree on prices for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaise with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- Communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors - this is site-specific and may not be the case on all projects
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- Prepare reports as required
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and drive
- To be able to suggest & implement initiatives
- Excellent knowledge of construction design codes such as the Eurocode
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent use of AUTO CAD & design applications such as MIDAS
- To be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent IT skills
- At least a second class degree or HND in Civil/Structural Engineering or BTech in building technology or Building Construction Technology.
- 3-5 year industrial and work experience
- Excellent knowledge in the use of AUTO CAD and MIDAS is an added advantage
Interested candidates are to send their CVS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.