We are looking for a Senior System (Tech Ops) Engineer to join our engineering department and help us bring our product to Enterprise level maturity. Your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of users around the world. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will develop and own best-practice methodologies for provisioning, configuration management, and monitoring of our distributed systems. Your primary goal is to make sure these systems run reliably in a secure cloud environment. As our company is experiencing high growth, you’ll also be responsible for the scalability of our cloud infrastructure and performing robust capacity planning.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will design, deploy, and continuously improve our cloud infrastructure with a focus on reliability, scalability, and security
- You will provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement
- You will perform incident management duties to investigate and follow up on incidents and deliver structural fixes
- You will raise the standard of our engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- You will provide organisation-wide IT support
- You will guide other teams and departments in implementing security standards across the company and conduct risk management activities
- You will help implement compliance policies and procedures including security patch management for our complete IT assets inventory and our business continuity plan (e.g., backups, disaster recovery)
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced team members through both your technical knowledge and leadership
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put one billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You have a deep understanding of deployment and monitoring strategies for reliable, highly scalable, and robust cloud infrastructure
- You are an expert on cloud and containerization technologies such as AWS and Docker
- You have strong knowledge of automation and infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- You have experience working with complex CI/CD pipelines for production releases in a microservices-based architecture
- You are an organised self-starter with an ability to follow through on tasks under minimal supervision
- You are comfortable in an ambiguous, ever-changing startup environment
- You are passionate about improving skills and learning new technologies
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly
- We typically expect candidates with at least 7 years of experience in system engineering, DevOps, SRE, or similar positions to have the skills mentioned above.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.