Senior Software Engineer - Query Languages
Engineering & Technology
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Elasticsearch Query Languages team. This is a globally-distributed team of experienced engineers whose mission is to provide our Elastic users with flexible, powerful, and robust expression languages to query data. As a software engineer in the team, you will work on designing and implementing a query language for faster, iterative analytics, as well as adding enhancements to existing features and resolving bugs.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
What You Will Be Doing
- You’ll work with a globally distributed team of experienced engineers focused on query capabilities of Elasticsearch.
- You'll be a full time Elasticsearch contributor, building data intensive new features and fixing intriguing bugs, all while making the code easier to understand. Sometimes you'll need to invent a new algorithm or data structure. Or find one and implement it. Sometimes you'll need to get close to the operating system and hardware.
- You'll be an expert in the Elasticsearch query languages and everyone will turn to you when they have a question about them. You'll improve those areas based on your questions and your instincts.
- You'll work with community members from all over the world on issues and pull requests, sometimes triaging them and handing them off to other experts and sometimes handling them yourself.
- You'll write idiomatic modern Java -- Elasticsearch is 99.8% Java!
What You Bring Along
- You have strong skills in data processing, distributed systems or search;
- You have strong core Java skills and are conversant in the standard library of data structures and concurrency constructs;
- You work with a high level of autonomy, and are able to take on projects and guide them from beginning to end. This covers both technical design and working with other engineers to develop needed components.
- You're comfortable developing collaboratively. Giving and receiving feedback on code and approaches and APIs is hard! Bonus points if you've collaborated over the internet because that's harder. Double bonus points for asynchronous collaboration over the internet. That's even harder but we do it anyway because it's the best way we know how to build software.
- You've used several data storage technologies like Elasticsearch, Solr, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Cassandra and have some idea how they work and why they work that way.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Like we said, collaborating on the internet is hard. We try to be respectful, empathetic, and trusting in all of our interactions. And we'd expect that from you too.
- You've built things with Elasticsearch before.
- You’ve worked on data storage technology.
- You have experience designing, leading and owning cross-functional initiatives.
- You've worked with open source projects and are familiar with different styles of source control workflow and continuous integration.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.