AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a Senior Researcher, Speech specializing in Speech Technology to join our Speech team! With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join AssemblyAI.
- Minimum Qualification: MPhil / PhD
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
What You’ll Do:
- Provide scientific leadership on ambitious research projects that have the potential for a high impact on AssemblyAI’s products and services, as well as on external research and technology communities
- Engage with research communities through activities such as publishing experimental results or participating in conferences
- Execute those research projects in a scientifically sound manner
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research in the speech domain and share this knowledge across the company
- Replicate and examine state-of-the-art speech models based on conference/journal publications
- Collaborate with the technology leadership team to prioritize the research agenda, define the scopes of research projects, and take charge of their execution
- Collaborate with the engineering team to deploy new models into production
What You’ll Need:
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field; or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field plus equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in speech research based on deep learning or machine learning in either an academic or industry setting specific research topics include, but are not limited to:
- ASR (e.g., model architecture, ASR robustness, acoustic/language modeling).
- Speaker modeling (e.g., speaker verification, speaker identification, speaker diarization)
- Self-supervised learning for speech or speech-text
- Multilingual speech modeling (multilingual ASR, speech translation, language identification)
- Applications of ASR (e.g., spoken dialogue modeling, speech summarization)
- Paralinguistics (e.g., speech emotion recognition)
- A track record of widely recognized research publications at leading conferences; or a demonstrated ability to commercialize research results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in technical matters
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.