Senior Program Officer, Forest Carbon Innovation
Engineering & Technology
Verra is looking for a Senior Program Officer, Forest Carbon Innovations, to support our technical work to advance forest-related activities that generate climate and other environmental and social benefits.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
A day with Verra’s Program Development and Innovations Team might include:
- Testing a new tool or concept related to an update for IFM, ARR, or agroforestry activities by running a growth and yield model to assess impacts on forest carbon stocks
- Working collaboratively with the Forest Carbon Innovation manager and key external stakeholders to develop, test, justify and propose changes which streamline and strengthen the VCS Program’s requirements and procedures.
- Researching methodologies and scientific literature, synthesizing findings
- Collaborate with Program Team staff to revise existing, and/or develop and launch new, forest-related standards, tools and programs;
- Support the Program Team in drafting standards language as appropriate; and
- Represent Verra at nature-based solutions and forest carbon related conferences, workshops and events.
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading:
- Interacting with external stakeholders via email, video calls, and in-person meetings to respond to forest carbon-related questions about VCS rules, methodologies and project development. Such stakeholders include project and methodology developers, validation/verification bodies, and credit buyers. Track and share outcomes in Verra’s client record management software, SuiteCRM. ￼colleagues and external stakeholders and stakeholders to identify, prioritize and develop forest carbon related program updates.
- Work with colleagues to update VCS Program rules and procedures to help maintain the robustness, workability, and impact as developments occur in the forest carbon space. This will require preparing updates for the public and Verra’s Board to explain proposed changes, gathering feedback and drafting final updates.
- Analyzing the effects of proposed changes to VCS Program rules or methodologies using forest carbon models, geospatial analysis, policy analysis and/or economic analysis. Where the analysis is outside the scope of the Verra team’s expertise, this will involve managing consultants to implement the work.
- Supporting colleagues exploring emerging opportunities through research, data collection, and stakeholder engagement.
You bring with you:
- At least five years of relevant technical experience focused on forest carbon, GHG accounting, forestry focused remote sensing, or forest economics.
- A relevant university degree (e.g., forestry, environmental sciences, natural resource economics). A master’s degree would be advantageous.
- Technical writing experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the analysis of forestry and land management through experience in the field and/or written work such as research publications.
- Demonstrated skill using Microsoft Office/Microsoft Teams/SharePoint/OneDrive, CRM database, and project tracking software.
- Strong attention to detail and project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Working at the cutting edge of programs crafted to drive finance towards high-impact forest-based activities that take on some of the most pressing environmental issues of our day.
- Growing your network of professionals working on forest carbon and related sustainable development initiatives, including corporate buyers, NGOs, project developers, and others.
- Working with a multifaceted, committed, and focused team of professionals.
You will know you are successful, if:
- You are seen as a go-to resource for testing and analysis of new forest carbon concepts and a reliable and capable member of the Program Development and Innovation team.
- Verra stakeholders consistently express positive feedback regarding your ability to collaborate to find workable and credible solutions to challenges they face.
- Verra’s Program Development and Innovation team successfully helps to scale up forest carbon sequestration activities.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.