Senior Manager of Engineering
Engineering & Technology
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive reliability and availability across the organization at a global scale. You’ll work closely with the engineering and infrastructure teams to drive reliability, scalability, and availability for all customer-facing services.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
- Manage, coach and support a team of SREs. Help them grow their skills, confidence, and motivation that lead to their professional and personal success
- Working with stakeholders to develop the availability and reliability of DigitalOcean’s systems and microservices
- Facilitate DigitalOcean’s culture of learning by providing insight and recommendations for improvement
- Recruit, hire and develop world-class engineers
- Coaching teams and individuals on reliability best practices and solutions
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to define the architectures and practices that should be adopted in order to deliver on our engineering and operational goals
- Providing technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, reliability.
- Driving a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching and facilitating professional development.
- Distinguished track record managing an SRE team (with experience implementing reliability, process, and scaling solutions)
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities.
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) to document processes and architectures
- Experience implementing disaster recovery best practices
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer incidents through use of technologies for automation, deflection, and issue management
- Advocate of effective development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling and configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.