As a Full Stack Engineer, you'll be working with the product team focusing on building, releasing, and testing new product features. Additionally, we're always looking for ways to improve our codebase to make it more performant and easier to maintain. Currently, our entire platform is built as a majestic Rails monolith, using Vue.js with Typescript on the front-end.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
More details about our tech stack:
- Testing is done with RSpec & Capybara
- Continuous integration and deployment are done with CircleCI
- MySQL and PostgreSQL for our main databases
- ScyllaDB for our activity feeds
- Redis for session storage, queue management, and caching
- ElasticSearch for full-text search
- DevOps using Containers orchestrated with Kubernetes and Helm
- Service and performance monitoring is done with DataDog and NewRelic
- Infrastructure managed with Terraform
- Cloudflare and Fastly as CDN
Here are some past projects we've worked on that might help you get a better idea of what it means to work as a Full Stack Engineer at FetLife:
- Implemented a profile verification system from the ground up using government ID and/or pictures portraying a certain gesture
- Added discussion pre-moderation for groups
- Added support for installing FetLife as a Progressive Web App
- Improved the efficiency of our Activity Feed Deliveries by splitting longer feed event deliveries into smaller async jobs and prioritizing delivery to more recently active members
- Introduced the possibility of tagging other members in pictures, videos, and writings
- Added powerful filtering to our on-site reporting system using ElasticSearch
- Improved location privacy for all our members by introducing granular location privacy settings
- Integrate Machine Learning solutions to detect age or potentially illegal content
We're looking for someone who has proven experience building and maintaining large production-level Ruby on Rails applications in the past.
Ideally, you have experience:
- Working with a modern front-end framework (ideally Vue)
- Working with Redis, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Writing unit and integration tests using RSpec and Capybara
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.