Senior Engineering Manager
Engineering & Technology
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Senior Engineering Manager to be hands-on and lead a fast-growing A-player team with deep experience and a passion for innovation. Join us in building and shaping a new engineering team in Boston as we build products and technology to transform our customers.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Drive the execution and delivery of product features by collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Lead key engineering initiatives to improve overall engineering effectiveness and productivity
- Iteratively define and refine development processes and engineering best practices as the team grows
- Recruit, challenge, and reward high-performing software engineers and managers
- Work in an agile, small team environment focusing on speed and quality
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment and implement decisions throughout your team
- 7+ years developing commercial software in Java
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience using an Agile development process
- Experience in a multi-tenant SaaS product development environment is a plus
- Proven experience sourcing, hiring, and growing a software development team made up of 10+ hires
- Familiarity with multi-platform client technologies
- Current hands-on development experience and knowledge of open-source Java Stack (Java, Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux, etc.)
- Experience with frontend technologies (e.g., Angular, React) is a plus, and working with User Experience and Product teams to build great user interfaces
- Smart, quick learner, proactive, comfortable working with unknowns and dynamically evolving requirements
- Proven ability to hire, mentor, coach, and lead a team to success
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building application development tools, APIs, and/or enterprise application platform software
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Candidates local to the Greater Boston area preferred
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.