Senior Backend Engineer
Engineering & Technology
This is a full-time, fully-remote position as a Senior Backend Engineer. While we're very much still a startup in the sense that you may be asked to help with a variety of problems, in this role you can expect to spend most of your time working on the code and systems that power Pipe.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- You'll work closely with the Product, Data Science, and Finance teams and write code needed to power financial products for our customers.
- Beyond specific product/application-related tasks, you will design and improve new tooling and systems as needed to support our application's needs.
- Revenue as a tradable asset is fundamentally a new problem -- you'll develop familiarity with our business and help us explore the solution space. Ideas come from everywhere in our company; as a backend engineer, you will have a unique perspective on what kind of products are feasible and valuable.
- As an early team member, you will contribute significantly to our team culture.
- As a Senior engineer, we expect you to make the team better by writing code, but also by doing architecture work, mentoring other engineers, and generally improving the status quo.
We are looking for talented engineers with some experience in a similar role. Specifically related to Backend Engineering:
- You are experienced with web backends, databases, ETL pipelines and/or developer tools.
- You have built, deployed, and maintained real systems in the real world.
- You have significant previous experience as a team or project lead.
In general, to be an engineer at Pipe:
- You want to join a quickly growing startup and make an impact.
- You want to be part of an engineering team that holds each other to high standards.
- You want to make things better for yourself and others.
- You have a good sense of engineering fundamentals, and are passionate about building high quality software.
- You take end-to-end ownership of your work and are comfortable making code changes across the stack when needed.
- You can collaborate with non-engineering stakeholders to unblock yourself and make sure you're building the right thing.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.