Senior Backend Engineer
Engineering & Technology
The API team is responsible for building and maintaining all aspects of the Unsplash backend, including: all user facing features, search infrastructure, caching, database performance, experimentation framework, and contributor statistics. More here. Ruby on Rails API handling 10B+ requests per month, powering 10,000+ products including unsplash.com, Medium, Buzzfeed, Squarespace, Facebook, Google, Wix, & more Current team of 4 Ruby engineers, 2 web engineers, 1 mobile engineer, & 1 data engineer, shipping features to 25M monthly active users, 70M+ monthly API users.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
What you’ll will be working on
- Make key decisions on architecture, infrastructure, patterns, etc. for new systems and iterations of current systems
- Support and design the technical implementation of the visual search engine, recommendations, and related content algorithms
- Support scaling of API platform to 100B+ requests per month
- 5+ years experience working with a large Ruby on Rails codebase
- 2+ years experience working on a high-traffic Ruby on Rails site
Nice to haves
- Experience working with search systems and Elasticsearch
What we’re looking for
- Good at communicating asynchronously via text
- Ships early and often
- Self motivated
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.