We are looking for a Senior Release Engineer to join the Developer Infrastructure team to take our release process to the next level, turning it into a seamless process for everyone, maximizing the ownership of individual teams with a platform based approach. By joining our team, you will directly impact how Cody and our Code Intelligence platform is released to the world and be at the crossroads of all Sourcegraph teams by building mission critical tools to support our mission
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Within one month, you will…
- Begin building relationships with cross-functional teams, including the Cody development team and other stakeholders.
- Dive into the codebase of Cody and Code Intelligence platform, gaining a deep understanding of the existing code, architecture, and dependencies.
Within three months, you will…
- Implement improvements that result in a measurable reduction in the time it takes to release new versions of Cody and the Code Intelligence platform while higher-level insights on architecture, scalability, and customer focus.
- Establish strong working relationships with Security teams, ensuring that the release process incorporates necessary security measures.
- Actively participate in code reviews and discussions to contribute higher-level insights on architecture, scalability, and customer focus.
Within six months, you will…
- Contribute to the development of a robust and scalable infrastructure for monitoring Cody's quality, performance, and user experience.
- Implement proactive alerting and monitoring systems to detect issues before they impact customers.
Within one year, you will…
- Successfully evolve the release process into a mature platform, enabling teams across Sourcegraph to manage their releases independently.
- Proactively propose additions and changes to the team's roadmap, aligning it with the broader goals of Sourcegraph.
You are a polyglot hacker in the dev-ops space, and you're passionate about tools, developer-experience, and infrastructure, with a solid experience of the challenges faced by other developers. Your strong sense of empathy helps you to understand your peers' challenges and you sharply understand how to balance solving current and future problems, carving a path to implement your vision.
First, you have a deep understanding of the software lifecycle, having experienced it yourself by working on the product side, and a strong familiarity with all the tools supporting it; e.g.:
- You’ve worked with Bazel or other build systems to support polyglot codebases.
- You've set up delivery pipelines of various shapes and various constraints.
- You're naturally putting yourself in the shoes of other developers and constantly seek to understand their perspective.
- You’re a great communicator and collaborator. You’re able to work effectively across teams to solve complex problems with multiple stakeholders.
- You're proficient at writing Go code, but you're a polyglot at your core.
- You have a deep knowledge of Kubernetes, including working with and developing applications using the operator pattern.
- Bonus: You have experience with database complex database schema migrations and Postgres internals.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.