The Quality Engineer will be responsible for auditing suppliers and sub-supplier processes to ensure supplied material meet all defined FARO Drawing requirements. The position will be responsible to utilize core proactive new product development activities to assure successful launches of products. This position will be essential to build and maintain strategic relationships with FARO suppliers. The Quality Engineer will perform duties to provide quality related metrics reporting and analysis, including evaluating, designing, and controlling data sources. Our Quality Engineer will assist in conducting compliance audits and support functional leads in creating/editing their quality related standards and documents. They are responsible for recommending and training on best practices within the Quality Organization and working directly with customers and other internal groups at FARO on problem solving exercises. Collaborate onsite with contract manufacturer and support any Faro Supplier Quality needs.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Serve as the Quality/Supplier Quality resource in all functions and duties including but not limited to design analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, Six-Sigma and supplier performance monitoring and metric generation.
- Collaborate onsite with contract manufacturer and support any Faro Quality needs
- Build strong strategic relationships between FARO and their suppliers. This includes working proactively to incorporate supplier expertise into FARO designs during early development. Also working to assure suppliers understand faro pre-production and production requirements in order to have smooth product launches.
- Facilitate and / or support supplier related activities such as DFMEA/PFMEA reviews, process control plans, design for manufacturing reviews, part trials, first article submissions and more.
- Lead Cross functional root cause analysis for supplier problem resolution activities (8D corrective actions).
- Lead continuous improvement and corrective action activities within the supply base using Statistical Process Control tools, Value Stream Mapping, Lean and Six Sigma approaches to drive cost-out and realize capability improvements.
- Support supplier evaluation and approval process with supply chain partners and Contract manufacturer.
- Support FARO manufacturing site for trial builds and into production for supplier parts.
- Audit Faro sub-supplier processes as necessary to assure effective manufacturing controls are maintained to meet Faro Engineering Drawing requirements.
- Statistically analyze any range of engineering and supplier data to identify trends or out of tolerance conditions (SPC). Identify current or potential impacts, communicate findings and recommend action to provide information and to influence or affect positive change in engineering operations results.
- GD&T knowledge.
- BS Degree in an Engineering discipline. (MS degree Preferred)
- Minimum 3-8 years’ experience in a Supplier Quality Engineer or Quality Engineer role.
- Manufacturing industry experience.
- Conversant with ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 requirements.
- Ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with FARO suppliers.
- Must be a self-driven individual that will thrive in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Must be able to develop and sustain relationships with key influencers, internal and external customers.
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, SPC and/or Six Sigma is desirable.
- Ability to analyze data trends and make recommendations based off the data.
- Ability to understand failure modes and assure robust corrective actions prevent failure reoccurrence from impacting FARO.
- Ability to work with proactive tools (DFX, DFMEA, Control Plans, etc.) to assure development programs address risks to production.
- Ability to understand part requirements from various commodity groups (Optics, PCBAs, Castings, Machined parts, etc.) and effectively communicate requirements to suppliers. Focused Electrical or Opto-mechanical experience preferred.
- Certified Supplier Quality Professional or Quailty Professional (CSQP) preferred.
- Experience dealing with a global supply chain preferred.
- Ability to speak Fluent English and Thai. (German language a plus)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.