We are the Vac team, and we are building a communications tool with security, censorship resistance and privacy in mind; Vac, Waku v2 and Ethereum Messaging, Waku v2 Plan, Waku v2 Update. You will help us research and develop new and existing technologies in secure messaging. You will help design crypto economic system for our protocols and embedded incentivisation into them, so designing the rules & implementing them.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Research and develop open protocols for secure messaging.
- Use a layered protocol approach that is mindful and explicit about what it requires, what it provides, under what threat models, and with what trade-offs.
- Combine cryptoeconomics and traditional technologies to create a sustainable distributed and fault-tolerant system.
- Write and maintain Nim code.
- Research and design core functionality.
- Provide feedback on overall design decisions, and participate in code reviews.
- Use libp2p to build application-level protocols.
- Build incentivized, distributed systems.
- Interpret and implement solutions based on academic research.
Ideally you will have
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology and decentralization.
- Strong academic or engineering background.
- Experience with encryption and key exchange mechanisms.
- Experience with low level/strongly typed languages (C/C++/Go/Rust or Java/C#).
- Experience building networking-heavy applications and p2p networking specifically.
- Familiarity with message propagation in loosely connected networks.
- Familiar with p2p building blocks such as gossiping, routing and discovery (DHTs), and Nat traversal.
- Experience designing incentive systems and writing/deploying smart contracts in Ethereum
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.