We work with the largest companies on the planet to provide the solutions that enable them to overcome their most pressing industry challenges. In aerospace and automotive, we work with firms like SpaceX, NASA, Tesla and Volvo among others. In the construction industry, we work with the largest builders to scan and design astonishing projects. For public safety professionals, our forensics scanning tools solve crimes and document scenes with high tech gear you probably see on CSI and in the movies!
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
- Design critical mechanical components for metrology instruments
- Develop and coordinate with vendors to provide finished work that meets requirements
- Perform hands-on assembly, testing and troubleshooting
- Analyze designs using FEA for bending, stress, vibration, and thermal effects.
- Determine root cause and corrective action of system failures
- Develop assembly, calibration and compensation techniques
- Perform dynamic system analysis
- Serve as a mentor to other mechanical engineers and designers in areas of expertise
- Other mechanical design and analysis responsibilities may be added in the future as business conditions evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant mechanical/industrial engineering experience
- 10 years of relevant mechanical engineering experience and/or a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Mechanical design using Solidworks or similar CAD packageSurface modeling using Solidworks or similar CAD package
- Design of injection molded parts
- Industrial design and evaluation of products for improved product user interaction (UI/UX)
- Drawing generation in accordance with ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Design of machined, sheet metal and cast parts
- System error budgets and tolerance stack ups
- Finite element analysis (FEA) using Solidworks Simulation or ANSYS
- Precision machine design and evaluation for metrology, machine tool or similar applications preferred
- Kinematic component design preferred
- Bearing and spindle design preferred
- Design and analysis of thermal management for electromechanical systems preferred
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.