Manager, Technical Editing
Engineering & Technology
Verra’s Program Development and Innovation team is seeking a Technical Editing Manager to ensure that existing and new standards and related methodologies are written in a way that facilitates comprehension and their effective use. Examples of documents for which the Technical Editor would be responsible include those listed in the rules and requirements section of each program’s webpage and methodologies.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:7 years
A day with Verra’s Program Development and Innovation Department might include:
- Reviewing the text of a newly developed VCS methodology for crediting regenerative agricultural practices and advising on ways to improve clarity and conciseness.
- Proofreading and editing a revision to the SD VISta Program Guide to make it more accessible and understandable.
- Providing advice to colleagues on the structure, formatting, and flow of technical documents needing to be developed.
- Apply writing style guides to revise program documents or methodologies.
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading:
- Technical editing:
- Reviewing and edit newly developed and/or revised program documents (requirements, process, templates, and guidance documents), methodologies and related documents involving specialized technical content.
- Ensuring that these documents are, inter alia, grammatically, and syntactically correct, clear, consistent, concise, aligned with stylistic guidance, and factually correct.
- Providing authoritative review of documents and preparing copy for final production before their release.
- Assisting with minor formatting issues in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Reviewing the content of communications-related Program Development and Innovation documents (e.g., announcements, blogposts, press releases) to ensure that they are well expressed, reasoned, and structured.
- Providing one-on-one guidance or small group trainings to help colleagues improve their technical writing skills.
- Collaborating with Verra Communications counterparts to add or revise organizational technical writing standards.
- Contributing to organizational standard operating procedures for developing written materials.
- Managing supplemental technical editing and formatting contracts.
You bring with you:
- Relevant experience in technical and/or scientific editing, copyediting, and/or proofreading in U.S. English, typically gained through professional employment or consulting in one or more of these areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an appreciation for concise and direct expression. Fluency in English is essential.
- Experience communicating complex concepts to non-technical and non-native English-speaking audiences.
- An understanding of subject matter related to the voluntary carbon market, climate science, environmental management, and/or sustainable development.
- Willingness to learn and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Willingness to help others improve their technical writing through the editing and review process.
- Very close attention to detail, as you will be responsible for ensuring that all Program Development and Innovation documents are free from factual, grammatical, syntactical, and typographical errors before public release.
- Strong organizational skills and self-discipline to be able to prioritize and work eﬃciently and effectively under deadlines in an independent manner.
- Ability to work in a 100% remote work environment with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds across many time zones.
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Supporting a high-functioning team to deliver a broad range of technical documents related to Verra’s portfolio of standards.
- Expanding your technical expertise on subject matters related to mitigation of climate change and advancement of sustainable development.
- Potential to grow your technical editing capacity-building skills by training and mentoring colleagues.
- Improving comprehension of Verra’s standard programs through clear and concise writing.
- Expanding your network of professionals working on climate and sustainable development, including government oﬃcials, private-sector actors, NGOs, and others.
- Collaborating with a diverse group of climate and sustainable development leaders and innovative thinkers.
You will know you are successful, if:
- The documents you help create and revise facilitate user-friendly comprehension of technical concepts and scaled up climate action and sustainable development.
- The products that you help the team create and distribute resonate, reach their target audiences, and help Verra make measurable progress toward its goals.
- You support your team to achieve deliverables across the ﬁnish line on schedule.
- Your deliverables maintain consistency across all documents with accurate text, no copy errors, tracked changes with comments, and proper use of U.S. English.
- Your colleagues see you as a reliable resource to improve the quality of their documents.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.