Infrastructure Engineer II
Engineering & Technology
We are looking for a senior engineer to help the Infrastructure team solve complex hardware problems using intelligent software. A perfect candidate is a strong Go software engineer with history in the “world of infrastructure” and configuration management expertise. Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Engineering, this engineer will architect the systems, software, and servers that keep our data centers running. You’ll build automation and systems management tools that make it easier to scale our rapidly growing business and deliver cloud infrastructure all around the world. You’ll also work on improving DigitalOcean’s overall platform performance and reliability.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:6 years
- Responsible for configuration management workflow and design
- Implementing monitoring systems for 10k+ servers
- Writing new tools / microservices to better manage bootstrapping and lifecycle of the 10K+ server global infrastructure
- Helping design a workflow for large scale node management
- Strong experience in Go
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: Scala, Ruby, Python, C/C++
- Worked with / Passion for Enterprise Architecture
- Experience working with chef is a plus
- Experience with configuration management, hardware automation a plus
- Experience monitoring and debugging large, global, distributed systems
- Experience in writing tools to manage physical servers at scale
- Passion for continual incremental improvements on tooling / processes
- Love of all things automation, and passion for open source
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Engineering team leadership a plus
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.