Head of Ship
Engineering & Technology
As the Head of Ship, you will help bring Sourcegraph to enterprise-grade readiness across the board, both internally for SG devs and externally for our customers. You will be responsible for driving operational maturity programs and initiatives across the 300-person/90-developer company, including designing processes where we have gaps, and bringing existing processes to modern standards.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Within one month, you will…
- Start building a trusting relationship with your direct reports and peers.
- Understand the what, why, and how of the projects that your teams are working on, how those projects contribute to our company goals, as well as current status, risks, and mitigations.
- Own the Sourcegraph developer experience end-to-end, bringing best practices in builds, CI/CD, and developer productivity.
- You will work closely with the Sourcegraph Cloud team to ensure that they are also using best practices.
Within three months, you will…
- Guide an existing DevEx team forward in reducing the time from code to deployment and improving the observability of the testing/deployment environments and pipelines.
- Lead a team that runs self-hosted deployments, from the small hobbyist experience to the large corporate customer’s first official setup. Your deep experience with both modern and legacy architectures will help you tailor the Sourcegraph installation and setup process to a wide variety of specialized needs for enterprise, while remaining easy and accessible for hobby devs.
Within six months, you will…
- Help Sourcegraph level up in all phases of deployment, operations, and incident response, including bringing best practices in-house for building stable and resilient systems, including on-premises at very large customers with custom configurations and architectures. Your team will not initially be large enough to perform all this work; hence, you must work closely with the rest of the Engineering organization to ensure that everyone is following best practices.
Within one year, you will…
- Have hired and retained exceptional people to make our team even more representative of the world’s population.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to develop the next set of ambitious goals that your org should work towards.
- Develop a clear technical and execution strategy to achieve that next set of goals.
- As the ideal candidate, you will have deep familiarity with the Google SRE operations model, as well as professional experience with the subjects covered in the Google SRE book. Experience with alternative ops models, such as those employed by Amazon, Netflix, and other high-velocity companies with large scale and deep technical stacks, is also desirable.
- Experience with Bazel is desirable, along with building and deploying Go-based microservice architectures, particularly on Kubernetes.
- Some familiarity with Google Cloud Platform is a must, and AWS and/or Azure experience are bonuses.
- Security/secops experience is a bonus but not required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.